SPECIALIZING IN TREE REMOVALS, TREE PRUNING & STUMP GRINDING
Tree & Shrub Planting/Landscaping
Trees in your yard can be home to many different types of wildlife. Trees can also reduce your heating and cooling costs, help clean the air, add beauty and color, provide shelter from the wind and the sun, and add value to your home.
Choosing a tree or shrub should be a well thought-out decision. Tree planting can be a significant investment in money and time. Proper selection can provide you with years of enjoyment as well as significantly increase the value of your property. To help you choose the appropriate tree you may want to consider the following:
- What purpose will this tree serve?
- Is the species appropriate for your area?
- How big will it get?
- What is the average life expectancy of the tree?
- Does it have any particular ornamental value such as leaf color or flowers and fruits?
- Does it have any particular insect, disease, or other problem that may reduce its usefulness?
- Is the tree evergreen or deciduous? Evergreen trees will provide cover and shade year round. They may also be more effective as a barrier for wind and noise. Deciduous trees will give you summer shade but allow the winter sun to shine in. This may be a consideration for where to place the tree in your yard.
Once you have made your selection you can purchase the tree and contact us to install or contact us with your selection and we can purchase the tree or shrub for you and install.
A properly planted and maintained tree will grow faster and live longer than one that is incorrectly planted. Trees can be planted almost any time of the year as long as the ground is not frozen. Late summer or early fall is the optimum time to plant trees in many areas. This gives the tree a chance to establish new roots before winter arrives and the ground freezes. When spring arrives, the tree is ready to grow. The second choice for planting is late winter or early spring. Planting in hot summer weather should be avoided. Planting in frozen soil during the winter is difficult and tough on tree roots. We do not provide lawn mowing.